POSITION TITLE: Swimming Pool Technician.
JOB GRADE: Non-Management.
DEPARTMENT: Property and Facilities Maintenance Division.
REPORTS TO: HR Officer and Branch Supervisor.
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 08:00am- 16:00pm, maybe required on Weekends.
OFFICE LOCATION: Pool care and Equipment, 4720 Fountain Court Kwame Nkrumah, Harare.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the company vehicle to customer’s location and recording the log book.
- Maintaining equipment and chemical stock levels at store and in the vehicle.
- Testing swimming pool water pH, and chlorine levels.
- Adding acid, chlorine, and other chemicals to correct pH level.
- Cleaning swimming pool using authorized equipment.
- Electrical wiring, servicing pumps, motors and installations with basic skills in plumbing, building and painting.
- Fixing cracks or leaks in the swimming pool structure.
- Fitting and repairing pipes and plumbing for spas and pools.
- Diagnose electrical problems and make a call on the need for replacement of equipment.
- Completing paperwork and reporting service requirements to management.
- On a seasonal basis, clean and drain pools; winterize pools; drain water lines. Vacuums pool and brushes deep end;
- Assists with installation of electrical wiring and fixtures.
- Performs heavy manual labour, custodial, and grounds work as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education in technical studies or equivalent qualification with previous experiences in a similar role.
- Knowledge in assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Should be able to diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Minimum 2 years` experience as a Swimming Pool Technician.
- Clean class four driver`s licence.
- Knowledge of proper pool cleaning and maintenance methods.
- Extensive knowledge of swimming pool chemicals and their properties.
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting and equipment repairs.
- Knowledgeable in maintenances, safe operation of basic hand and power tools along with workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, and climb on all types of surfaces.
- Good in written and spoken English. Any other international language is an added advantage.
- A team player with ability to work under pressure.
Trade tested HND and or appropriate experience
- Able to work minimum supervision
- High integrity and reliability
- High level of professionalism in workmanship and conduct
Experience in the following:
- Electrical wiring in the context of Pool maintenance
- Swimming pool pump servicing
- Swimming pool pump installation and maintenance
- Building related pool maintenance
- Paving in and around the pool
Interested candidates to email their CV’s to email@example.com
Related Jobs (46)
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Protection and Accountability Officer (Bulawayo / Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Individual Consultant – Evaluation of UNCC:Learn project in Zimbabwe on November 29, 2020 Consultancy