An exciting position has arisen at M-Tron Africa (Mukonitronics Africa) for a Power Electronics Engineer. The position demands strong power electronics and software skills in the development and support of new power conversion and motor controls products incorporating power supplies, chargers, power inverters, dc and ac motor controls. You will be based in Harare or Mauritius.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide power electronics development support to new product development teams, value engineering teams, quality management and customer support services.
- Peer review and open collaboration are key
- Specifying, designing, validating and supporting products and sub-systems incorporating power electronics components and systems such as switched mode power supplies, digital signal processing, battery chargers and motor servo controllers
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, analysis, and testing of DC-DC power converters, DC-AC power converters, Variable Frequency and BLDC motor drives 0.5W to 250 kW
- Work on electrical power systems and sub-system level design and develop requirements
- Define and perform electrical power system verification testing and analysis
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of design, test, and production engineers to create new power electronics hardware
- Travel to customer sites, both local and international is required occasionally to gain insight into customer applications, audit suppliers, and to provide technical support for sales and service
- Participate in peer review of electronics and software designs
- Assist in the system integration and validation plans
- As part of a global, empowered, multi-functional team, collaborate in development of product requirements and detailed design documents to support new product initiatives
- General electronics design skills; analog and digital design, microcontroller and DSP design, schematic entry, component specification, board layout, test planning and circuit testing.
- Relevant coursework in BLDC motor drive design and DC-DC-AC converters is highly desirable.
- Specific skills in switched mode power supply design, printed circuit layout of power circuits, design for electromagnetic compatibility and poor power quality, fly-back transformer/inductor design, battery charger design, permanent magnet servo motor control, power inverter design, position feedback, current measurement, velocity estimation and stepper motor control are required
- Passion for hardware simulation and development.
- Must be a hands-on engineer and excited to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to closely collaborate in a fast paced, cross functional team environment while consistently meeting commitments to the team as a self-directed technical expert.
- History of innovative solutions to application control challenges
- Additional responsibilities as defined by executive management
Apply in confidence by email to : LGM@MTRONAFRICA.COM attaching your detailed CV with links to projects completed and references.
Only qualifying applicants with prerequisite credentials will get replies.
Closing Date: July 3, 2020