Location: Chipinge; Buhera; Mutare; Makoni; Mutasa
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Primary Care Counsellor will be seconded to the MOHCC health facilities to support the provision of quality HIV testing and counselling services. The cadre will work closely with the health facility leadership and the ZHI District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator. The cadre will also support the project’s community-based HIV services including community testing, defaulter tracking and community DSD models. The cadre will report to the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator and will work very closely with the facility staff.
- Provide quality HIV testing and counselling services;
- Screen patient for HIV testing using the MOHCC screening tool and or HIV Self-Test Services;
- Ensure facility and community index testing for contacts of index cases;
- Provide intimate partner screening and LIVES support or refer LIVES support;
- Explore sexual network testing approach at community level and ensuring linkages to care and treatment and work closely with community nurse and ensure HIV index testing for all clients;
- Strengthen health facility and community linkages through working closely with MOHCC site nurses and community-based health workers in the development of robust referral systems for PLWHIV;
- Providing enhanced adherence counselling to PLWHIV at both facility and at community level and referring to health facilities and other service providers as maybe needed where required;
- Support the ZHI Community Nurse to mobilize PLHIV for community DSD models at facility level in liason with facility leadership to conduct community mobilization, demand creation, as well as facilitate the formation and strengthening of community ART refill groups (CARGs) and support groups;
- Support defaulter identification, tracking and tracing;
- Any other activities as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Primary Care Counsellor certificate or equivalent (MOHCC);
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must;
- Good five Ordinary level passes including English;
- LIVES training an added advantage;
- Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage;
- OI/ ART experience is an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
- Step 1: click here to complete the Job Application Form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered.
Deadline: 21 September 2020
Related Jobs (5)
Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Matabeleland South) on October 27, 2020 Volunteer