Title: Primary Care Counsellor
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism will increase the availability and quality of care and treatment services for People Living with HIV (PLWHIV) primarily through community-based interventions that complement the public sector as part of the multi-sectorial response led by the Government of Zimbabwe. ZHCT has two objectives; 1) to increase the availability of high-quality comprehensive care and treatment services for PLWHIV at community level 2) to strengthen community level health systems to monitor, track and maintain PLWHIV in care.
The FHI360 Counsellor and Tester will be expected to provide quality HIV Testing Services in the community and support linkages in close collaboration with the MOHCC District and Health facility staff, community-based health workers and other implementing partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality HIV Testing Services using the index and sexual network testing approach at community level and ensuring linkages to care and treatment
- Strengthen health facility and community linkages through working closely with MOHCC site nurses and community-based health workers in the development of robust referral systems for PLWHIV.
- Providing enhanced adherence counselling to PLWHIV at community level and referring to health facilities and other service providers as maybe needed
- Supervise the community-based cadres working to support implementation of ZHCT project activities and administer a performance-based incentive scheme to the community based cadres
- Support the District Team Leader to conduct community mobilization, demand creation, defaulter identification, tracking and tracing as well as facilitate the formation and strengthening of community ART refill groups (CARGs) and support groups
- Record and report activities at community level using ZHCT M&E tools and submit to the District Team Leader and M&E Assistant for aggregation.
- Ensure implementation fidelity in all aspects of the program
- Any other activities as directed by the supervisor
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language (Shona, Ndebele)
- Knowledge of community health practices and general medical ethics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team and health facility settings
- Ability to analyze and report relevant activities.
- Sound knowledge of HIV care and treatment practices in Zimbabwe
- Results oriented and able to meet project deliverables
- Computer literacy is a must
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- Primary Care Counsellor certificate or equivalent (MOHCC)
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must
- Good five Ordinary level passes including English
- Ability to ride a motor bike is an added advantage
- OI/ ART experience is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Deadline: 18 September 2020