Edu Pulse Magazine, Africa’s aspiring leader in technology, education and business magazine and news publisher, is on its way to becoming the first-choice site what’s new and what’s next in Africa. The magazine boasts an audience of over 30,000 students and professionals across the continent.
Opportunity to join the content team at Edu Pulse Magazine. An exciting position is available for a pro bono online editorial assistant. This position is suitable for interns and anyone who would like experience in journalism and publishing.
- Assist the editors in processing copy – proofreading, fact-checking and sub-editing
- Assist in compiling and proofing daily, weekly and individual newsletters
- Produce original, exclusive editorial content
- Attend, cover and network at relevant industry events
- Represent Edu Pulse Magazine favourably at industry events
- Journalism/ language studies
- Computer literate
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic image editing experience
- Social media skills
Personal skills/ Attributes
- An interest in education and technology
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Enjoy reading and writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Work well individually and within a team
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and conscientious
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere.
Please include a brief (200 words max) cover letter as well as examples of your writing if available. Email CVs to email@example.com
Applications close 31 July 2019.