Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 04-Dec-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-1
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jan-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Specialist in Headquarters and the daily supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Procurement Assistant supports the execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Procurement Assistant also works in collaboration with programme and operations staff to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and coordination support to procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Administrative Associate;
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate procurement processes for the Zimbabwe Country Office
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas, prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas – in the absence of the Buyer and Alternate Buyer or as necessary due to workload;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
- Coordinate contract management processes for the Country Office
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases;
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers;
- Maintain filing system.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff;
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Organize logistical services
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Organize travel and all travel entitlements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely coordination, facilitation and implementation of procurement activities based on procurement plans and available budget;
- Proper and accurate maintenance of files and databases, documents are easily retrievable;
- Timely organization of logistics activities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
- Knowledge of procurement processes, systems, administrative rules and regulations;
- Knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good IT and web based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized educational institute; or a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.