CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the Country Office in line with CI Procurement policy and donor guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates data entry in PeopleSoft and ensure that the approved requisitions have the correct specifications of the intended goods and services and other supporting documentation in liaison with Project Managers
- Dispatches approved RFQs to vendors using the CARE procurement email(sourcing for quotations)
- Ensures data entry offline for summary bid analysis of vendor quotation where applicable
- Ensures data capturing formulating the Purchase Orders from the approved quotation or quotations from multiple vendors in PeopleSoft
- Ensures dispatch of Approved Purchase Orders to Vendors and ensuring that the Purchase orders are signed by the vendor(s)
- Processes terms and conditions for every Purchase Order ensuring that the vendor signs the agreement
- Facilitates tender advertisements
- Ensures data input offline on tender summary bid analysis schedules
- Raises Payment Request for all advance payments to vendors who insist on cash up front.
- Ensures tracking of vendor payments in liaison with finance department producing monthly report to Administration Manager
- Maintenance of the Country Office asset register ensuring that all assets purchased are recorded.
- Processes international visitor’s logistics as a reliever when the assigned staff is on leave.
- Degree in Purchasing & Supply management/CIPs or equivalent
- 2 years working experience in Procurement or other related field
- Hands on experience in use of PeopleSoft an added advantage
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent command of English oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
Deadline: 15 July 2020