Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 21-Jun-20
Additional Category : HIV, Health and Development
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2020
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 Months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 Months
The UNDP Zimbabwe office was appointed the Principal Recipient (PR) to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) for the HIV Grant AUP 2018-2020 under the Project Title: Commitment Towards Fast Tracking 90-90-90 Targets by 2020 and Ending AIDS by 2030 and Grant Agreement Number: GA 1393. UNDP is also appointed as a Fund Administrator (FA) for the Malaria and TB Grants and the Principal Recipient for the Malaria and TB Grants is MoHCC. The two organizations work closely together to implement these three Grants.
Following the signing of the Grants, a new implementation cycle of the Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Plans for the three Grants started in January 2018 and will end in December 2020.
UNDP seeks to recruit the services of a consultant to work on daily basis with PSM team to conduct procurements under the HIV grant for reprogrammed savings and for TB and Malaria Grants under the FA support Agreement.
The consultant will provide Support to the to the PSM unit to deliver additional procurements resulting from COVID 19, Reprogramming of savings and additional support required for FA services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP – PMU PSM Specialist and direct supervision of the UNDP/GF PSM Manager, the PSM Associate is responsible for conducting all required procurement processes for assigned procurement cases from solicitation to contracting.
The PSM Associate (consultant ) is expected to perform the following functions :
Implement the assigned procurement activities in the PSM Plan with due diligence through the processes of supplier sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, solicitation exercise, deliberation of offers, negotiation of offers, draft submissions for review by contract committees, award of tenders, contractor appraisal, legal considerations and payment conditions and risk assessment.
Ensure full compliance of assigned procurement activities in accordance with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies and the Global Fund Quality Assurance Policy
Support proper preparation, approval and dispatching of Purchase Orders (PO) in ERP system. Ensuring timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems
- Supply Chain Management
Support processes and documentations for customs clearance, storage, and distribution of pharmaceutical, health products, health equipment and non-health commodities to support public health programmes are in order
Ensure proper documentation and filing (both physical and online ) of cases under their responsibility .
Prepare and arrange the required documents and invoices for suppliers payment. For cases under their responsibility,
Ensure proper recording of PSM activities including GFATM’s contract management tool and Procurement Tracking Tool for reporting purposes and accountability.
Assist in gathering data and other sources for analysis to ensure timely and proper preparation of PSM Plans and its revisions; and other financial reporting i.e. cash forecasts; and
Assist in the any market research and data collection to keep abreast of market developments on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services
Conduct solicitation process for assigned cases (Daily Routine 30%):
- Review TORs for quality assurance and compliance with POPP;
- Prepare solicitation Documents and submit them for PMU management clearance;
- Advertise is all required platforms and respond to bidders’ queries;
- Setup and attend pre bid meetings.
Conduct appraisals and evaluation of bidders (Daily Routine 25%):
- Initiate formation of evaluation panel and get Management clearance;
- Set up evaluation meeting and document the process and get evaluation reports to be cleared by PMU management.
Submit for Approval (Daily Routine 15%):
- Prepare case for submission for review and approval by the relevant review committees and Approving authority.
- Attend to queries from review committees and respond timely.
Conduct Contracting process (Daily Routine 10%)
- Coordinate pre contracting meetings – where required;
- Collect vendor creation information;
- Draft contract for review by PMU management and Vendor;
- Submit contract for signature to both Management and Vendor;
- Ensure PO is created for the contract;
- Introduce contractor to contract manager and / SR / beneficiary institution.
Contract Management (Daily Routine 5%):
- During the implementation of the contact, participate in all discussions that affect the contractual terms and advise the contract manager about UNDP policies.
Documentation (Weekly 5%):
- Ensure all documents related to procurement case a properly filed in the shared drive and on a properly labeled file.
Delivery Of goods / Services (Daily Routine 5%):
- Communicate with supplies and logistics officer on delivery and customs clearance of Goods;
- Facilitate certification of services or delivery of goods and prepare documentation for payment and forward for receipting and payment.
Market Research and data gathering ( As and when required 5%):
- Conduct Market scans as and when required to inform procurement decisions.
- The Consultant will work under the overall guidance of the PSM specialist – GF PMU and direct supervision of Procurement Manager. The consultant will work in close collaboration with Programme unit, SRs and other procurement staff to achieve the results.
- The consultant is expected to work normal working hours (5 working days) based at UNDP as the work may require.
- Office space will be provided at UNDP.
Duration of Work and Duty Station
- Contract Duration: 6 months based on a 5-day work week.
- Duty station will be Harare with possible travel within the country. UNDP will bear the costs of any duty travel required.
- The consultant will be expected to report to duty daily on workdays at UNDP office.
Financial Proposal and Schedule of payments
- An all-inclusive Daily fee will be agreed which will be paid monthly based on achievement of deliverables. The rate will cover the professional fees and all cost required to deliver the assignment excluding duty travel ( field missions ) which will be paid by UNDP where such travel is required.
Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to
certain parts of the country, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under https://trip.dss.un.org All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. In general, UNDP does not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources. In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel.
Application Submission Process:
Interested individual consultants must include the following documents when submitting the applications in UNDP job shop (Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded therefore please include all docs in one file):
- Personal History Form (P11), indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references (the template can be downloaded from this link:
ANNEX 2 – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS is provided here:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Demonstrates strong technical knowledge and commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrates results orientation and focus on solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with clients, donors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to plan work in a collaborative manner and to manage priorities
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the goals of the project and in accordance with UNDP shared goals
Partnership building and team work:
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility to excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, Accountancy, or related field;
- Specialized certification in procurement – Minimum Diploma in CIPS or equivalent;
- Post graduate degree in procurement / supply chain will be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working under a procurement function with similar responsibilities;
- Experience in development projects with exposure to writing and analyzing a variety of reports;
- Demonstrated experience in working with international NGO, donors and/or developmental partners;
- Experience working with a UN agency will be an added advantage;
- Sound IT skills- working knowledge of Excel and Word or similar software.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
The evaluation will be based on cumulative analysis (i.e. technical qualifications and experience). The weight of the technical qualifications is 55% while that of experience will be 45%. Candidate who pass the technical qualifications and experience will go through the next level of the selection process to determine the most suitable technically qualified candidate.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.