- Assists with the development of scope of work and invitation to tender and specifications to ensure clear contractual terms and conditions.
- Develops contract and service level agreement strategies to minimize risk.
- Working with respective Buyers drafts procurement agreements, contracts and correspondences.
- Manages post award vendor relationships and partnerships with service providers.
- Manages a portfolio of contracts, including vendor performance and procurement policy frameworks.
- Provides unsolicited procurement advice to Management to safe guard against breach of regulatory and statutory issues.
- Interprets procurement legislation and other legal or regulatory directives that affect the Organizations’ procurement operations.
- Gathers information required for submission of statutory and regulatory requirements quarterly and annual.
- Maintains procurement registers for Statutes that impact on the Organization’s Procurement operations and review these in conjunction with the Risk and Legal Departments.
- Assists in defending all procurement litigation against the Organization in conjunction with Legal Counsel.
- Reviews procurement procedures and policies in line with statutes.
- Liaises with other Procurement Management Unit staff, evaluation teams and departments on matters of contracting and compliance.
- Completes other related tasks as required
- BCom (Hons) Degree in Purchasing & Supply/ BSc (Hons) Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- CIPS Professional qualification will be an advantage
- A flair for legal and/or contracting will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in procurement environment.
- Undoubted expert knowledge and skill of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act
- Class 4 Drivers License a requirement.
- Excellent contract management and negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding legal writing skills and spoken fluency in English
- Ability to design, manage and implement contracts with legal and policy focus;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Suitably qualified candidates to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with PROCUREMENT CONTRACTS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER as the subject of the email by Monday 7 September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.