Overview / Objectives of the position:
The Procurement Intern will be responsible for supporting the Country Office Procurement department to respond to the programs’ procurement requests quickly and efficiently. He/she will provide adequate procurement guidance to the user department adhering to the procurement, logistics and all other related GOAL policies and procedures
Responsibility 1 – Procurement
- Assist in all International, Regional and Local Procurement
- Ensure that all Procurement complies with GOAL’s standards of Purchasing and Logistics Systems.
- Ensure that all Procurement complies with any external donor requirements and local government regulations.
- Secure best value and service benefit deals on all procurement and supply requests based on GOAL logistics criteria.
- Liaise with other logistics units such as warehousing, transport, and finance departments to ensure timely and accountable delivery of aid.
- Assist in providing regularly report on status of all Procurement to relevant stakeholders
- Assist on receiving and Record user requests on the Order Tracking System
- Source quotations for supplies, works and services as required
- Raise Bid Analysis and Purchase Orders/Contracts for supplies, works and services as required
- Participate in Vendor Roster Maintenance
- Participate in Vendor evaluation
- Follow up and ensuring that all procured supplies, works and services are delivered
- Prepare and submit vendor payment documentation to finance
- Reporting-this includes assisting the Procurement team in producing reports.
Technical & Functional skills
- Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-year experience in the field of logistics, supply chain or administration
- Knowledge of major donor regulations such as IRISH AID, UNHCR, DFID, UNICEF, WFP etc.
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Computer Packages
Deadline: 19 July 2020