CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The procurement intern will be responsible for procuring goods and services for the country office in line with policy and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks the submitted vendor documents and prepare vendor set up forms for suppliers for review.
- Ensures requisitions procurement requests in PeopleSoft.
- Processes advance and non-purchase order requests.
- Processes RFQ in PeopleSoft
- Enters all IPRs in the Procurement Dash board and inputs data on the purchase order.
- Follows up on Vendors on the outstanding purchase order deliveries and outstanding invoices.
- Receives goods and completes the Good Received Note in PeopleSoft.
- Provides secretariat services during meetings and files documentation.
- Processes liquidation.
- Receives POP’s from Finance for tracking and following up on liquidations.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management/CIPS/Logistics or equivalent
- 1 year attachment / work related learning experience in Procurement, Logistics or other related fields.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Deadline: 15 July 2020