CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
The procurement intern will be responsible for procuring goods and services as taught and as delegated for the Country Office in line with the CARE Procurement policy, UNDP requirements and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows up on Vendors on outstanding purchase orders, deliveries and outstanding invoices.
- Receives ECRAS goods in the presence of the Logistics Assistant in Harare and also dispatches the goods endorsing the Movement Delivery Sheet (MDS).
- Prepares request for quotations in PeopleSoft and sends to vendors to source for quotations in line with the procurement policy and donor regulations and guidelines.
- Submits ECRAS approved purchase orders to vendors and the receiving department
- Makes commercial accommodation and conference bookings for ECRAS requests.
- Provides assistance related to tender submission and secretarial services during the tender opening meetings.
- Raises payment requests in PeopleSoft, ensures the processing of payments follows smooth documentation flow and processes liquidations for ECRAS project.
- Processes liquidations for the ECRAS project in PeopleSoft.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management/CIPS/Logistics or equivalent
- 1 year attachment / work related learning experience in Procurement, Logistics or other related fields.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.