Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification: Internship, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Number: CFA2020/007
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer, and direct supervision of the Procurement Assistant. The successful candidate will assist with procurement activities of the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in submission of call for quotations (sending request for quotation to various suppliers);
- Ensure timely delivery of procured goods, works and supplies;
- Assist in issuing, monitoring and managing the tender process throughout all its stages and participant in the evaluation of bids/quotations analysis;
- Participate in negotiations to obtain favourable price and terms by engaging senior representatives of suppliers’ firms when the need arises;
- Maintain records of all procurement transactions and ensure that an efficient filling system for record of quotations copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms are kept;
- Provide general office support such as processing, drafting and finalizing any correspondences and other communications relevant to procurement activities as may be required;
- Maintain supplier database and procurement tracking database;
- Maintain fixed assets, ensure that it is updated on a regular basis and record all relevant information in relation to the use and returning of any fixed asset borrowed by staff;
- Assist in the management of assets disposal process in accordance with IOM Procedures;
- Receiving and dispatching goods stored in the warehouse.;
- Perform such other tasks as maybe assigned by the procurement department
Education, experience and competencies
- Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or a related professional qualification with an accounting or financial orientation;
- Experience in procurement or logistics;
- Strong organizational skills to work independently and to prioritize a heavy workload under the pressure of competing assignments;
- More specific experience such as SAP or specialised computer programs will be an added advantage
- Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other units, and implementing
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
No late applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 30 June 2020