Our client seeks to fill in the above mentioned position. Applications are invited from suitable and qualified persons.
- Managing the day to day operations of the Procurement function in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act (Chapter 22:23).
- Formulating work objectives, directing, supervising and reviewing staff assignments.
- Providing high-level technical guidance in work requirements and methods.
- Planning of Council’s procurement activities and ensuring that the annual procurement plan is in place.
- Co-coordinating routinely with other departments to ensure effective and timely co-ordination and team work in the procurement of goods and services.
- Conducting procurement research, providing guidance and direction by adopting the best procurement options available.
- Incorporating Procurement Best Practices and market research to ensure the Council obtains best value for money.
- Ensuring the taking of minutes on procurement meetings such as competitive quotes meetings, evaluation meetings and the procurement management meetings.
- Keeping minutes of all deliberations on procurement e.g. Evaluation minutes and Quotation minutes.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
- A degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or equivalent from a reputable University.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Graduate Diploma
- Membership of a relevant professional board (CIPS or CILT), a MUST.
- At least 5years’ post qualification experience at Managerial Level.
Skills & Competences
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procuremen Act and other requirements;
- Sound IT literacy;
- Results focused;
- Conceptual thinking and proactive,
- Organizational awareness and interpersona understanding;
- Self-starter and all round communicator,
- Risk management skills.
- Good communication skills across all the levels of the Council
Submit applications and detailed CVs to: email@example.com
Write the position applied for in the subject field