About the organization
A local Non-Governmental Organisation is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Procurement Officer, based in Harare. The contract of employment is for 9 months and is renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- The position exists to provide support to the Organisation through performing procurement duties.
- The successful candidate will report to the Operations & Logistics Manager.
- Source quotations, prepare comparative bid analysis, raise purchase orders, getting the documents reviewed and signed by the respective offices;
- Ensure that procurement of goods and services is in compliance with the Procurement policy;
- Facilitate the quality and quantity control of procured goods and services as per specifications and arrangements set out in the Requisitions, Purchase Orders or Contracts;
- Ensure that suppliers are paid on time and communicate such payments to suppliers;
- Follow up with Suppliers to ensure speedy and complete deliveries of ordered goods;
- Attend to short deliveries and rejections and ensure that rejected goods are exchanged or credit notes received from Suppliers.
- Carry out quarterly market surveys for regular goods and services to ensure that the organisation continues to get value for money;
- Apply for Import and CBCA licenses from respective Ministries as per Statutory instruments requirements;
- Expedite customs clearance of goods as soon as they arrive at the Port of Entry and ensure the goods are collected from customs and delivered timeously;
- Collection of customs related documentation from couriers once notification has been received;
- Follow up on ZIMRA procedures for bills of entries release, acquittal and collection of cargo from Port of Entry;
- Facilitate smooth clearance of all road shipments in consultation with external clearing agencies;
- Maintain the Procurement-Clearance Float and updating entries daily and ensure it is always funded for customs clearance costs;
- Recommend new suppliers who will be of strategic benefit to the organisation for accreditation.
- Ensure that files are up to date as per the procurement filing and documentation guidelines;
- Ensure that files are clearly and legibly labelled for easy access and retrieval of documents;
- Keep both manual and electronic files in an orderly manner. Update the Clearing Report and Cost Trackers on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Procurement/ Supply Management/ Purchasing and Supply Chain/ Logistics and or Business Degree or higher;
- Membership of Professional Bodies like CIPS, CILT is a distinct advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in procurement or supply chain management.
- At least one-year experience in shipping & customs clearance will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work fast and accurately under intense pressure with minimum supervision;
- High level of integrity, honesty, commitment, and professionalism;
- Ability to multitask. Computer skills, including proficiency in Email, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word are essential;
- Meticulous record keeping, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good command of English (both written and oral);
- A clean class 4 driver’s licence.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.