Closing Date: 2020/09/19
Reference Number: ECO200916-1
Job Title: Product Manager
Company: Cassava Smartech
Reporting To: General Manager – VAYA
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Harare; Zimbabwe
Cassava Smartech is looking for a qualified and competent Product Development Manager to join the team. The main purpose of the role is to plan product design, product development, product evaluation, and to influence the product roadmap in line with the Medical Insurance business strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Management or equivalent
- A relevant professional qualification is an added advantage e.g Project Management.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Similar role
Key Result Areas
- Develops new businesses, concepts and business cases, manage and coordinate implementation of business projects.
- Authorizes products enhancements in liaison with development team.
- Coordinates the analysis of customer and Partner requirements and provide optimal product development solutions.
- Organizes customer surveys to improve product user experience for customers, channels and internal users.
- Organizes and monitors product deployment checklists and schedules the activities in line with best practices.
- Monitors the development for process improvements to ensure product quality and productivity.
- Initiates quality checks and user acceptance tests (UATs) through the evaluation and review of product design and market readiness before launch.
- Monitors the quality and completeness of the finished product by applying best practices to user acceptance testing and using product expertise to influence test cases.
- Works with third party development and internal teams to complete the assigned project within allotted budget and timelines.
- Identifies risk and risk mitigation strategies, resolution, and communications to teams and stakeholders.
- Facilitates the development of project plans, budgets and schedules
- Communicates product delivery throughout development lifecycle to different internal and external stakeholder groups
- Defines product features and roadmap based on product strategy
- Assists in conceptualization of ideas and development of new products that suite the market.
- Develops metrics to assess the success of products and features and to determines necessary product enhancements
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals