Designation: Product Officer
Business Unit: Strategy
Geographical Area: Harare
Vacancy Manager: Digital Products & Innovation Manager
Purpose of the job
Conceptualize and research new ideas and evaluate them objectively from a market and financial standpoint. Should have a high degree of Curiosity for uncertainty as new product development is ever changing. Work with the Manager in development and implementation of new products
Main Focus Areas
- Coordinates building business cases for new products, estimates potential profits, and release to production
- Research on latest innovation and technological trends in Banking and Finance ;
- Leading idea generation initiatives internally from staff members and external sources and appraisal of submitted new products
- Analyzing customer data to identify gaps in the market and optimal solutions
- Tracking the innovation cycle from idea generation, documentation of business processes, product design, testing and implementation and provide feedback to PMO.
- Research and preliminary due diligence on potential partners, vendors and solution providers
- Collaborates with a wide variety of Business Functions to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to the market
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product risk with its key competitors.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze marketing, financial, schedule and sales information for product line
- Makes use of tools to map products, identifying product life-cycle phase and necessary interventions
- Assists with training or creation of staff training material
- Maintains and updates products and services database
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Relevant business degree (e.g. Bachelor of Marketing, Banking and Finance, Business Administration with a Marketing major etc)
- 2+ years’ banking experience in product development (Bank Products)
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Communication skills
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive when necessary
- Able to interact confidently with senior stakeholders
- Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Deadline driven
- Proactive, resilient and tenacious
- Should have a high degree of tolerance for uncertainty as new product development is ever changing
- Expertise and ability to work on multiple projects successfully
- Knowledge of new product governance, control and
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite and MS
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Product Officer’.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 11 September 1630hrs.