Closing Date: 2020/11/27
Reference Number: TSE201028-9
Job Title: Production Chef
Business Unit / Division: Tsebo Zimbabwe
Job Type Classification: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Production of meals and supervision of meal preparation.
- Maintain hygiene standards in the kitchen.
- Implement new innovative and creative ideas (on meals and functions).
- Oversee and monitor the quality of food and presentation thereof.
- Maintains food production records.
- Assist with the planning of menus and stock control.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Quality & quantity controls on all food products.
- Keeping an update of market trends and reacting on these effectively and efficiently.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality to kitchen Manager.
- Stay abreast of latest food trends and best practices.
- May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility.
Skills and Competencies
- Good Interpersonal skills, strong judgement and problem solving skills
- Communication skills: verbal/written
- Customer centric
- Commitment and excellence
- Initiative and excellent cooking skills
- Organizing/planning skills
- At least 5 O Levels inclusive of Mathematics and English/Matric
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferably Professional Cookery and/or class 1 Journey man will be an added advantage.
- Equivalent level of competence.
- At least 2 years of working experience within a similar corporate environment.
- Able to work all shifts when required.
- Strong in kitchen and functions.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.