A reputable organisation in Zimbabwe working on transitional justice seeks the services of an experienced consultant to assist in the production of a transitional justice monitoring report.
The purpose of the consultancy is to produce a transitional justice policy report that will be used for awareness raising and the organisation’s advocacy initiatives. The consultant must share a well-researched report within ten days of the signing of the contract. The length of the paper should be of maximum twenty pages.
It is envisioned that the consultant will:
- Review and catalogue official and non-official transitional justice developments emanating from the second half of 2020 in Zimbabwe, the region and internationally;
- Review and scan media reports, alerts by official bodies, alerts by independent commissions and any other relevant publications;
- Review activities of national transitional justice bodies like the National Peace and Reconciliation Commission or any such other official or ad hoc bodies;
- Compile a transitional justice report.
The suitable consultant must possess:
- A degree(s) in law, peacebuilding, human rights, transitional justice or a related social science degree;
- At least five years of experience in report writing;
- Demonstrable understanding of transitional justice is an added advantage;
- The ability to research, write, review and produce high-quality work;
- Fluency in written English.
To apply for this consultancy please should submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must include the following:
- A brief technical proposal, including financial costs;
- A detailed CV, with at least 3 traceable references where similar services have been conducted;
- A sample of edited and published work or links to previous work done.
Deadline: 30 September 2020