Job Number: 31578
Appointment Type: Permanent
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
We are looking for a colleague to maintain the MRP data integrity and inventory control parameters and review action messages to ensure stability on materials requirement and no adverse changes on material schedule that may affect the Production Plan.
What you will be accountable for?
- Responsible for Order Placement Timing, Supply / Demand Alignment, Material Replenishment and Supplier Performance.
- Continuously supervising, evaluating and improving supplier performance.
- Sourcing the most affordable materials for the company’s manufacturing process.
- Projecting stock levels of raw materials and machine spares.
- Controlling the purchasing budget.
- Supervising delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment.
- Delivering cost savings for the company.
- Managing the procurement supplier relationships for the company.
- Helping to source alternative items for buyers and customers.
- Developing sourcing strategies.
- Handling commodity cost initiatives.
- Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices.
- Resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers.
- Promoting best practice across the company.
- Involved in writing up contracts and the terms of sales.
- Review sales forecast with Supply Chain Manager on a monthly basis, and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand.
- Calculating raw material requirements based on approved sales forecasts, historical sales, standard raw material stock holding levels and new business opportunities.
- Calculating machine spare requirements based on engineering maintenance plan.
- Build and maintain a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products taking into regards the production capacity, manufacturing lead times and sales forecasts.
- Raising and follow-up Purchase Orders to ensure timeous settlement of invoices.
- Attend to Supplier complaints in pursuit of establishing and improving of relations with suppliers.
- Attend to Suppler complaints in pursuit of establishing and improving relations with suppliers.
- The incumbent will handle the procurement of USD 3 million worth of raw materials sourced from up to 8 local suppliers and 21 foreign suppliers
Essential experience, skills and knowledge?
- A relevant University degree or equivalent
- Knowledge in Supply Chain activities and systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with suppliers, and work under minimum supervision
- Ability to deal with people
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Supply Chain role, (Manufacturing Industry)
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Zimbabwe Holdings Ltd (ZW11)