Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
ZHI, through the Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment Mechanism implements the Care and Treatment and DREAMS projects in Zimbabwe. ZHI is to complement the Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) efforts towards attaining universal access to health services for all. ZHI-T contributes to HIV epidemic control using comprehensive and sustainable human development approaches; conducting research that will guide/inform policy and development of innovative interventions for human development in Zimbabwe.
This position will provide administrative support and assistance to the ZHI Executive Director (ED). The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and tracking administrative activities and ensuring that all program deliverables are uploaded.
- This cadre will also be responsible for organizing schedules and coordinating calendars for the ED, setting up and preparing materials for meetings which the ED will attend, participate in or officiate.
- Handling correspondence including emails, telephone calls and may include writing drafts of correspondences, taking minutes for selected meetings, filling and tracking important documents and arranging and coordinating travel and transportation for the ED.
- Further, this Program Assistant will ensure that all critical and important program or operation issues are presented in full to the ED and that the ED is aware of all program and operation activities — particularly those associated with the budget, deadlines, targets and contractual requirements and close out.
- This position will facilitate communication and effective liaison between the ZHI leadership, the ZHI Technical Team and the District Teams for the efficient implementation of all projects.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Administration/Health sciences or any relevant degree from a recognized university;
- A minimum of 1-year relevant working experience is required.;
- Experience in office administration is an added advantage;
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with Zimbabwe health systems, international NGOs preferred;
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required
Get the detailed advert and application procedures here:
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered.
Deadline: 23 September 2020