Established in 2016, Mudiwa Foundation is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of all forms of Sexual Violence against Children in rural and underserved areas in Zimbabwe. This is being achieved through the implementation of child-friendly, age-appropriate and gender-sensitive Legal Education to children between the ages of 5 and 18 in Primary and Secondary schools in Zimbabwe.
Overview of the Role:
The Program Assistant is part of the program team and is directly responsible for implementation of the programmatic trainings to children in Primary and Secondary Schools in Zimbabwe
Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with Mudiwa Foundation’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, including donors’ requirements, national and international rules and guidelines
- Research and opinion writing on eliminating all forms of Sexual Violence against Children and other related issues
- Ensure timely and technically sound planning and implementation of all Legal Education activities
- Facilitate formation of in-school Legal Education clubs to enhance children’s engagement & advocacy
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports as requested
- Any other reasonable duties, as assigned by the Director
- The incumbent must be studying or qualified in the fields of law/ social sciences, guidance and counseling or relevant fields.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of Sexual Crimes and Sexual Violence issues and approaches in humanitarian contexts, including the constraints/risks and cultural sensitivities of work in Zimbabwe
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines
- Strong (but accommodating) leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant reference by email to email@example.com by 31st March 2020 clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline 31 March 2020
Related Jobs (73)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 25, 2020 Full Time
Credit Manager on September 25, 2020
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract