Contract Duration: 1 year
Bulawayo Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (BCSME) is an association that was established in 2011 and is a member of the Zimbabwe Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (ZCSMEs) which is an Apex Body representing the interests of SMEs at a national level. The BCSME is a provincial structure among other nine provisional chapters initiated by the Government of Zimbabwe through the then Ministry of Small to Medium Scale Enterprise as a vehicle to drive the development of SMEs, represent the interests of SME entrepreneurs, as well as to be the voice of SMEs. The BCSME’s with technical and financial support from a development partner developed a strategic plan to offer new and improved services to its members. The BCSME’s is looking to set up a permanent secretariat to ensure it can offer services that are more responsive to its members. In line with this, the BCSME’s is looking to engage the services of a Coordinator.
The Programmes Coordinator will be responsible for setting up the secretariat for the chamber and subsequently lead the day-to day-operations, driving the business of the BCSME. The primary role of the Coordinator will be to lead the design and delivery of business development services to enhance the sustainability of member organizations (MSME’s in Bulawayo). The Coordinator will also be responsible for advocacy and policy advice efforts to ensure enterprises represented by the BCSME’s can influence policies and programmes that affect business profitability. This will require building networks at local and national government; with civil society; the private sector and the public.
The job entails leading, planning, organizing and controlling programs and activities, ensuring implementation of the Chamber’s policies and practices, maintaining budgets and tracking expenditures/transactions. The incumbent will be responsible for setting up the organization operation system including its registration and compliance with the Zimbabwe registration requirements for such organizations.
The incumbent will also be the chief programs lead person supported by the Chamber committee, administration staff and key stakeholders. The Coordinator will be expected to solicit and enlist new members for the chamber as well as manage membership renewals. In addition, the incumbent will mobilize resources for Chamber programs to ensure that the Chamber meets the needs and expectation of its membership. The goal is to facilitate effective management of programs in accordance to the organization’s standards. The Coordinator will report to the Chairperson of the BCSME’s Board.
- Prepare BCSME strategic plans and action plans to operationalise the agreed strategic direction in consultation with the Board;
- Ensure implementation of membership policies and procedures;
- Develop BCSME programmatic proposals and concept notes and mobilise resources;
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions;
- Plan and manage all communications activities and publicity including staff, membership, and public information.
- Manage communications with external parties through media relations, social media etc;
- Manage and oversee personnel to ensure the execution of the day-to-day business operations of the organization;
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties;
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda;
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals;
- Support growth and program development.
Suitable candidates must have the following skills, qualifications and qualities.
- A degree in the areas of management, development, entrepreneurship or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in the delivery of support to enterprises (business development; creating linkages to markets, finance) or experience working for a member based organization that delivered services and undertook advocacy work;
- Experience in the area of programme management, administration, budgeting and reporting would be an added advantage.
The candidate is also expected to have:
- Excellent understanding of computer software and proficient in MS Office Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminator behaviour and attitudes;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Excellent drafting skills, negotiation skills and organization and management skills;
- Strong commitment to personal professional integrity;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal/ Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively monitor work programmes and resources;
- Detail-oriented and efficient;
- Tact and persuasiveness in dealing with people;
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a 1-page motivation stating salary expectations and an indication of when one can assume duty if selected. In addition kindly submit a 3 page CV. Both documents should be on A4 page with normal margins (2.54cm on all sides). Candidates must use font 11 Calibri with 1.15 spacing. The CV must include at 3 references and their contact details.
The documents must be submitted to email@example.com The reference for the email should be Programme Coordinator.
Applications that do not meet the above specifications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, the process is expected to take about 3 weeks.
Deadline: 3 December 2020