Talia Women’s Network seeks a competent Program Coordinator for the Economic Empowerment & Livelihoods initiatives in Mashonaland Central and Mashonaland East provinces. Reporting to the Director, the Program Coordinator will work with various stakeholders including program beneficiaries, NGO partners, private sector, traditional leaders and government officials to ensure successful program interventions in the provinces.
The Program Coordinator will help in planning and organising programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties. The individual must be organised and detail-oriented, comfortable working with women and girls, particularly in the rural set-up. The candidate must be able to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organisation’s standards.
Key areas of accountability
- Programming – support planning and coordination of the Economic Empowerment & Livelihoods program and its activities;
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning;
- Fundraising and resource mobilisation;
- Program budget tracking and reporting;
- Networking and stakeholder relationship management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture & Natural Resources or Agronomy or Development Studies. A masters degree is an added advantage;
- 5+ years experience as Program Coordinator or relevant position;
- Knowledge of program management, the project cycle and development procedures;
- Experience in grant making procedures and reporting;
- Experience in report writing and M & E;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence others and build strong working relationships;
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability;
- Experience in training and capacity building;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented and efficient; Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks, and to deliver on time;
- Commitment to women economic empowerment and sustainable development;
- Class 4 drivers licence is a must.
How to apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email (e.g. Hannah Maputire – Program Coordinator).
Deadline: 18 December 2020