About Grassroot Soccer
Grassroot Soccer Zimbabwe (GRS) is a Zimbabwean adolescent health organization that uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize young people to live healthier lives and be agents for change in their communities. Founded in Zimbabwe in 2002 as a PVO 22/11, GRS has a 100% local board and Zimbabwean staff, reaching over 33,000 adolescents and young adults annually with evidence-based, youth-centered programs. GRS brings deep experience in youth sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), combination HIV prevention, positive youth development (PYD), GBV prevention and response, gender norms, and community mobilization. As a national-scale organization, GRS currently directly delivers programs in Bulawayo, Harare, Manicaland, Matabeleland North, and Matabeleland South and employs a technical assistance model (training, implementation support, and RM&E) to support local CBOs/IPs to deliver its programs outside of GRS focus provinces.
The Program Coordinator – Training and Curriculum Development will coordinate the organizations’ training operations and curriculum review. S/he will be responsible for setting specific goals, developing training programs to meet specific needs and evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented programs.
The Program Coordinator – Training and Curriculum Development will be expected to:
- Apply principles of learning, and various instructional design approaches to the development of training materials for SKILLZ Coaches;
- Consult with GRS internal and Research and Innovation team and other stakeholders to create instructional content that effectively engages the learners and ensures that all information is accurate, consistent, easy to understand, and well organized;
- Select appropriate instructional strategies, conduct training needs assessments and analysis in order to derive targeted competency- based frameworks, and learning objectives for the various curricula that might be required;
- Identify users’ needs, analyse, organize and transform complex concepts into engaging, and effective instructional activities;
- Assist in the development of training materials including manuals, quick reference guides;
- To contribute to the development of efficient processes for curriculum development and adaptation to the Zimbabwean context and design;
- Deliver workshops in partnership with Technical expects as needed.
The Program Coordinator- Training and Curriculum must have:
- A relevant degree;
- At least 5 years’ experience in training and facilitation;
- Conversant in English, Ndebele and Shona.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.