The Programmes Coordinator is responsible for leading the day-to day-operations of BCSME business. The job entails leading, planning, organizing and controlling programs and activities, ensuring implementation of the Chamber’s policies and practices, maintaining budgets and tracking expenditures/transactions. The incumbent will be responsible for setting up the organization operation system including its registration and compliance with the Zimbabwe registration requirements for such organizations. The incumbent will also be the chief programs lead person supported by the Chamber committee, administration staff and key stakeholders. He/She will be expected to solicit and enlist new members for the chamber as well as manage membership renewals. In addition, the incumbent will solicit sponsorships for Chamber programs to ensure that the Chamber meets the needs and expectation of its membership. The goal is to facilitate effective management of programs in accordance to the organization’s standards.
Specifically, the responsibilities will include to:
- Prepare BCSME strategic plans and action plans to operationalise the agreed strategic direction in consultation with the Board of Directors;
- Ensure implementation of membership policies and procedures;
- Develop BCSME programmatic proposals and concept notes and solicit funding;
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions;
- Plan and manage all communications activities and publicity including staff, membership, and public information.
- Manage communications with external parties through media relations, social media etc;
- Manage and oversee personnel to ensure the execution of the day-to-day business operations of the organization;
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties;
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda;
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals;
- Support growth and program development.
Suitable candidates must have the following skills, qualifications and qualities:
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field;
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position;
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures;
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting;
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office;
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit their detailed CVs; and application letters clearly indicating the position of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline: 18 September 2020