AIDS COUNSELLING TRUST (ACT) is a non-profit organisation that was registered under the Private Voluntary Act on 7 June, 1989. The purpose for its establishment was to complement government initiatives in the prevention of HIV infection, strengthening and provision of care and support to people living with HIV and AIDS and their families. The vision of ACT is a Zimbabwe whose citizens are empowered and participating meaningfully in all developmental processes while enjoying their rights and a life of dignity. The organisation’s mission is to strengthen the capacity of vulnerable communities to respond to development issues including HIV & AIDS.
ACT implements its programmes based on the Rights Based Approach. This means, the people’s needs, their participation, involvement and sustainability of interventions are pivotal to reducing the communities & vulnerability.
In order to successfully implement its programmes, ACT is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Program Manager based in Harare. The successful candidate will be employed on a fixed term contract for an initial period of 6 months. Continuity of employment will be based on satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager will oversee all programming, including ensuring the technical quality of services and adherence to work plan. He/she will work with the Program Management Team and the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure successful implementation of the programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing all programming, including ensuring technical quality of services and adherence to work plan targets;
- Annual Program Reports (APR) and Semi-Annual Program Reports(S/APR);
- Work with programme officers to decide on targets;
- Oversee the development and execution of action plans;
- Monitor the implementation of plans and work with the Executive Director to facilitate operational capacity building initiatives;
- Facilitate technical capacity building for programme officers;
- Support efforts to coordinate with local government and private sector partners;
- Support the roll out of national initiatives intended to improve the technical quality of programming;
- Responsible for integrated and comprehensive child rights programming;
- Responsible for overseeing program start-up and close-out;
- Deputise the Executive Director in his /her absence.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience and Other Requirements
- A minimum of a first degree in Social Science, Education or other relevant fields;
- At least five years of relevant experience, three of which must be at senior management level;
- Post graduate qualifications in Project Management, Counselling and other relevant fields would be an added advantage;
- Literate in relevant computer applications;
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence is a must.
Applicants should send a cover letter describing interest, qualifications, contactable references and CV to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at:
Number 15 Rowland Square
Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 17 July 2020