Are you interested in doing work on Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV)? Do you have hands on experience working in the NGO sector on human rights and Gender Based Violence?
ARC (Adult Rape Clinic) is a Non-Governmental Registered Organization working to deliver medicolegal and counselling services to survivors of sexual violence, as well as promote awareness on prevention of sexual violence.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Program Manager based in Harare, Zimbabwe. Reporting to the Executive Director/s, the Program Manager is responsible for the successful and efficient execution of clinic duties involving contact with survivors of SGBV.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate organizational programs (i.e. Service provision, Outreach, and Training on management of sexual assault and rape survivors) and ensure program implementation according to plans and set objectives;
- Monitor and manage budgets by ensuring that spending is within approved budget for the clinic, outreach and training programmes;
- Prepare periodic reports as specified by donors and for the board;
- Fundraising and proposal writing;
- Ensure that annual plans are achieved;
- Ensure follow up on trained stakeholders to monitor continuing performance;
- Work with the Financial Administrator to manage staff and resources for the program;
- Ensure meetings are held regularly to update staff on the various programs;
- Maintain good public relations and networking with other health professionals, NGOs and ZRP Victim Friendly Unit as a way of developing adequate referral system for survivors;
- Facilitate and support staff wellness programs;
- Carrying out tasks consistent with the nature of the position as instructed by the Directors and Board.
Minimum academic and professional qualification REQUIRED for this job
- Registered General Nurse;
- BSc Nursing Science / Public Health / Sociology / Development Studies / equivalent;
- Diploma in Counselling / Psychology;
*The above qualifications are all a requirement*
Additional academic and professional qualification that maybe an added advantage for this job:
- Master’s in nursing/Public Health/ Development Studies/equivalent;
- Bsc in Counselling/Psychology;
- Diploma in Midwifery;
- Relevant qualification in Marketing or Business Studies
- A minimum of five (5) years experience working in a similar post or managerial position;
- Traceable NGO experience managing multi-stakeholder projects;
- Experience working on SGBV issues is a requirement;
- Experience in writing reports and proposals
Technical skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of laws and policies on sexual offences;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation Facilitation skills;
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to meet deadlines (time management and punctuality);
- Proven proposal writing experience;
- Strong Analytical Skills
- This is contract-based employment subject to availability of funding.
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualification and experience should be submitted to:
Adult Rape Clinic,
or email to email@example.com
Only those meeting the above requirements will be responded to.
The Adult Rape Clinic employment policy is based on gender and human right approaches, therefore offers opportunities to all.
Deadline: 20 March 2020