Position Title: Program Officer
Supervisor: Chief of Party
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
Reporting to the Chief of Party the Program Officer provides tactical support to the Chief of Party (COP) and Technical Director (TD). Specific roles will include supporting the TD and COP in the development, technical, administrative and financial management support and oversight for the ZHCT project. Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the TD and COP to facilitate efficient decision making and contributing to technical efficacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the communication arm for the COP and TD with all parts of the project and relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and advise COP on issues of compliance with USAID contract and organizational policies.
- Coordinates Technical team meetings, including drafting agendas and meeting minutes Maintains an effective electronic filing and retrieval systems for the technical team.
- Makes travel arrangements for the COP and TD, including requisition generation .
- Performs other administrative support tasks, including creation, typing and editing of program correspondence, purchasing documents.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents,
- Coordinates the timely identification and addressing of program implementation challenges
- Coordinates appropriate program monitoring, accurate financial and programmatic reporting to Country office.
- Provides technical support for all ZHCT district and Provincial staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic and financial requirements set by FHI360 and its funders.
- With support from the country and provincial office M&E staff, monitors all interventions strategies to ensure that they meet contractual, financial and programmatic goals.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor from time to time
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities and ensuring successful implementation of HIV programs .
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues. Contribute, coordinate and ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports .
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills .
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Excellent report writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to implementation sites within the province a minimum of 30%.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science or related field, and a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience working on HIV related interventions .
- Experience of HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the community, provincial and district levels working with NGO sectors is required.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country is preferred .
- Knowledge of major donor policies (USAID) as well as international not-for- profit organizations is a must.
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors is a distinct advantage
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Deadline: 10 September 2020