Duration: August 2020 to July 2021 (contract based and renewable annually)
Reporting to: Programs Manager
The Wild4Life program, housed within the administrative infrastructure of Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust focuses on building capacity for health facilities and communities to improve health outcomes among rural populations through integrated mentorship targeting multidisciplinary facility teams, community health workers and health centre committees, integrated outreaches in hard to reach areas, implementation of differentiated service delivery models and application of continuous quality improvement tools and techniques.
- The Program Support Officer will be based in Binga and will report to the Program Manager.
- The incumbent will support the Community Support Officer in coordinating VHWs activities and children support groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for logistical support to the program;
- Administering facility checklist ascertaining and mobilizing resources for repair;
- Taking a lead in facility renovations/maintenance/support;
- Administer and analyze client satisfaction survey tools;
- Compilation of activity reports by bringing together all activity reports for the month;
- Coordinate procurement procedures in conjunction with the Finance Officer gathering quotation and doing bid comparisons;
- Coordinate the production of IEC materials and distribution to the facilities;
- Offer support to the M&E officer by collecting and verifying reports before they are uploaded into the database;
- Support the Community Support Officer in coordinating VHWs activities and children support groups;
- Procurement and distribution of food hamper to VHWs on a quarterly basis;
- Coordinate logistics for all trainings to be conducted gathering quotations and making sure all logistics are in place before the training is held;
- Liaise with program officers for the logistical support needed for program implementation;
- Attend to stakeholder meetings e.g. DAC, RDDC;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager/Director.
Qualifications, experience and key competences required
- A minimum Degree in Public Health, Social sciences or equivalent;
- A Nursing Diploma or Community Nursing Diploma is an added advantage;
- Excellent Computer skills, excel and knowledge of HIV and AIDS indicators;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral communication and writing skills, including experience in working as part of a team;
- A good understanding of the M&E systems used by Ministry of Health and Child Care;
- Working experience in an NGO sector is a prerequisite;
- A clean class 4 driver’s license.
Please send in your application and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 14 July 2020 (5pm)