The Centre for Women in Sustainable Energy and Agriculture Organization (CEWOSEO) is a non-profit organization which works to increase food and nutrition security for vulnerable households. This is achieved through improving access to appropriate seed and clean energy sources for women and ensuring that they increase agricultural production and revenue. We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic full-time PDFO, who will work closely with, and support, core staff in a variety of organizational development and fundraising tasks, in order to increase financial and other resources. This job will provide an outstanding opportunity to help make a real difference to disadvantaged rural populace especially women, working closely with an established team.
Reporting to the executive director, the role of the PDFO is to develop high quality programmes and projects and promote a variety of fundraising activities. The incumbent should ensure that CEWOSEO obtains significant donor funding for its development and humanitarian work and maintaining and strengthening our relationship with key donors.
The PDFO will work closely with the Executive Director to establish policies and systems and implement a fundraising programme for organisation to enable CEWOSEO to deliver its aims, objectives and projects.
The PDFO role within CEWOSEO encompasses:
- Development of policies, strategies, operating procedures and setting up relevant systems for the organization;
- Develop and coordinate project funding proposals and bids to institutional donors, trusts and foundations;
- Attracting, establishing, maintaining and strengthening of relationships with donors to secure, maintain and grow long term and funding;
- Maintain and update database of fundraising contacts;
- Reporting monthly on fundraising activities to the Executive Director;
- Undertake other duties as the Executive Director may require from time to time.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of fundraising activities and proven success of substantial income generation in development and the humanitarian sector;
- Experience of participatory project design and planning, including the use of analytical tools such as context/stakeholder analysis and log frames;
- Able to work proactively, on own initiative and collaboratively, seeking, encouraging and building on the ideas of colleagues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interpret scientific/ technical information for a lay audience;
- Experience of working with, and/or a commitment to humanitarian standards e.g. Humanitarian Charter, SPHERE, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct and IHL instruments;
- Some understanding and experience in energy, livelihoods and gender;
- Good interpersonal skills: approachable, professional and courteous, able to talk to people at all levels
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CEWOSEO is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Deadline: 15 March 2020