A community-based non-profit making organisation operating in one of the districts of Manicaland province to provide prevention, care and support services for at risk communities is seeking to fill the vacant position of Project Manager.
The programme manager is responsible for providing oversight within the District and coordination of OVC project aspects to ensure that the project goal and objectives are achieved. He/She will conduct duties in consultation with the Director and will report to the director as well.
- The incumbent is expected to maintain effective information flow throughout the organisation as well as ensuring project delivers the expected results and meet the set targets;
- He/she will be a link between the organisation and funding partners on operational issues and he/she will be assisting and providing ongoing appraisal and support to the Executive Director on project progress;
- Capacity building for programmes staff lies within this position as well;
- He/she supervises and performance manages field level Program Officers in the district;
- He/she is expected to ensure that project goal and target meet the USAID standards (SIMS);
- The programme manager promotes a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis;
- Child Safeguarding: As part of the above responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child protection / safeguarding systems.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least a Master’s degree in Development or Social Sciences and has at least two years USAID Experience in training in programme / project management;
- A minimum of 5 years in development work particularly OVC and HIV/AIDS is required and knowledge and experience in working on children’s right, child protection, Child safe organisations and child protection policy is a must;
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and supervising OVC projects and computer skills (MS Office) SPSS.
Interested and qualified persons meeting the above criteria should submit applications and detailed CVs by email to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 October 2020
Related Jobs (40)
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Protection and Accountability Officer (Bulawayo / Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Individual Consultant – Evaluation of UNCC:Learn project in Zimbabwe on November 29, 2020 Consultancy
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract