A local Non-Governmental Organisation seeks a programme Officer responsible for digital, online and social media projects.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working on the organisation’s online news portal and social media platforms, the required person will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing editorial policy; planning and directing editorial activities;
- Updating the news portal and related platforms;
- Supervising the editorial team and establishing production schedules;
- Managing the organisation’s social media platforms;
- Writing stories and editorials;
- Copy editing;
- Designing and implementing business plans;
- Proposal and report writing;
- Mentoring upcoming writers and social media practitioners.
Qualifications, Competencies & Skills
The required person must have the following qualifications, competencies & skills:
- A first degree in journalism, media and communication studies, social sciences or related fields;
- Additional ICT related qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Proven skills in news editing, news writing and digital marketing;
- Requisite experience in news editing, news writing and digital marketing; Being technologically savvy, business and target oriented;
- Must be able to work independently, with clear goals but little supervision; Must have deep familiarity with current affairs in Zimbabwe and at global level;
- Must have ability and scope to work online.
Those who meet the application criteria can apply by sending an application cover letter and one page resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will only respond to shortlisted applications
Deadline: 28 February 2020