Reports to: Country Director
Duration of Contract: 12 months
Peace Campaign Zimbabwe envisions cultivating the culture of Peace, interfaith harmony, coexistence, social Peacebuilding throughout the country by recruiting local peace builders and train them through several peace building tools and engaging them in their respective community. Peace Campaign is recruiting for the following position.
Knowledge & skills
- Develop narrative proposals according to the guidelines given;
- Prepare donor reports including ad-hoc reports as required;
- Ensure that activities are implemented as per the proposed initiatives;
- Monitor of projects and ensure conformity with the M&E guidelines;
- Request for any variation and changes where necessary, in the implementation of projects; Stakeholder engagement and maintaining of effective partnerships with development partners, civil society organisation and government ministries.
- Prepare draft budgets and project proposals for new projects and extensions of on-going projects;
- Draft Quarterly and Annual Work Plans as required;
- Prepare periodic substantive reports for other projects,
- Ensure correct procedures in grant management, including hard and soft copy filing of grants;
- Attend inter-agency meetings and assist on any programme issues;
- Work with the Finance Officer in preparation of budgets and in the payment of planned activities;
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations, government ministries and UN agencies;
- Any other duties as requested.
Applicants must be in possession of at least a first degree in Peace studies, International Relations, Development Studies or equivalent.
- Have a strong background in initiating and implementing programmes;
- Have strong research and writing skills; Have well developed analytical skills and the ability to absorb information quickly;
- Be highly organized, reliable, paying attention to detail and ability to work independently when needed;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, external actors and allies;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Ability to work under-pressure, meet deadlines, prioritise workload and ‘multi-task’;
- Mature work practices, highly motivated, demonstrated sound judgment and the ability to respond positively to mentoring and directions;
- Have a knowledge of the peacebuilding issues in of Zimbabwe
Interested candidates should submit their Cover letter and CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note. This is an equal opportunity employment.
Deadline: 5 August 2020