Overview of the role
This position is an excellent fit for individuals looking to develop skills in non-profit program management. The Programs and Administration Intern position will provide support to all aspects of GOAL Zimbabwe’s programming. The intern will gain a broad exposure to the inner workings of a high-functioning non-profit organization assisting the Directors, Project, Managers, and all systems departments in GOAL in overall administration, front office and clerical functions, adhering to all the related GOAL policies and procedures. The incumbent will support the coordination and execution of programs and therefore must have strong written and verbal, communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong computer skills and the willingness to support the all departments in a wide range of tasks and duties.
Responsibility 1- Programmes Support
- Organize and participate in selected project training activities conducted in the GOAL Zimbabwe Country Program.
- Work closely with all Project Managers on project activities paperwork and clerical duties remotely.
- Organizing, Coordination and support training workshops, strategy sessions and meetings.
- Attending meetings with Goal Management and Programs team and capturing minutes of proceedings and thereafter ensure an accurate filling system.
- Assisting field teams with logistical and financial processes which includes procurement procedures, payments request forms and facilitating approval processes amongst others.
- Providing administrative support to all the administrative functions of GOAL Zimbabwe in relation to programs.
- Type documents as directed by senior personnel
- Report writing and review of reports
- Development of communication pieces (social media)
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Responsibility 2 Reception/Secretarial Duties
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor visitors’ logbook,)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Assist in printing and scanning documents when required
- Record all documents to be submitted to finance or logistics.
• Proofread all paperwork (PRs, PRFs, Perdiems and Trip authorization forms) to be signed by CD/ ACD.
Responsibility 3- Human Resources & Admin
- Generate own leave plans and ensure accrued leave is taken according to plan
- Participate, plan for performance management and ensure that set objectives are achieved according to the performance plan
- Ensure compliance with the HR manual and any other related policies
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Diploma in any social sciences, commercial related or equivalent . Bachelors’ degree desirable
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in NGOs
- Knowledge of major donor regulations preferred
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Computer Packages
Deadline: 10 September 2020