Duration: 1 year
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
The primary objective of this internship is to give undergraduates experience in the practical aspects of their respective areas of study.
- To enhance community capacities through participating and facilitating in various capacity building and learning platforms;
- Participate in Plan International efforts to create and maintain effective child protection mechanisms at family and community levels;
- Learn about the Building Relationship and participate in BR activities;
- Promote increased access to quality basic education;
- Contribute to Plan International’s effort in supporting youth economic empowerment;
- Participate in monitoring, documentation and reporting on Plan International supported projects/activities;
- Participate in all other project activities within the PA e.g. NORAD, DREAMS, CSS, SPAD, SR, etc.
Entry qualifications and experience
- Currently studying towards a Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or equivalent;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 10 November 2020