Project Assistant (Shelter, Project development and reporting)
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 5
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Number: SVN2020/001
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Zimbabwe, and the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the Project Assistant will support the implementation of shelter project related interventions, as well as assist the Unit on the development of proposals and reports.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the shelter programme activities through close collaboration with Project Manager and PRU Unit;
- Ensure proper documentation of the shelter programme, including supportive documents for the projects (distribution reports, waybills, stock movements, beneficiary registration, land agreements, etc.) are recorded in the shelter database;
- Support PMs on drafting and preparing of concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities;
- Support the activation of projects in Project Information and Management Application (PRIMA), in close coordination with Project Managers and other pertinent IOM departments, and follow up on the administrative, financial and management requirements of project development and implementation;
- Assist PMs on reviewing and editing donor reports from programme units to support compliance with donor regulations and obligations;
- Identify potential and realistic funding opportunities by reviewing calls for proposals and collecting donor information;
- Participate in the development, implementation and update of the results-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems/ frameworks within the mission and provide technical support to project development;
- Monitor targets and indicators using existing M&E frameworks and work plans for the programme as well as the individual partner projects;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- University degree in the social sciences, or closely related field;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian work, or assisting in participatory formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of aid projects in Zimbabwe.
- Experience in the usage of office information analysis and report writing;
- Confirmed interest in migration and humanitarian issues;
- Ability to work with basic presentation software packages (MS Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, etc);
- Knowledge of Access and statistical analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
No late applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 23 June 2020