Zimbabwe Council for the Blind (ZCfB) has been a leading provider of eye services in Zimbabwe since 1955. Throughout this period, we have strove to compliment the Government of Zimbabwe, through its different ministries, efforts to prevent blindness, restore sight to thousands of Zimbabweans and improve the quality of life for many whose sight cannot be restored.
- Support the Project Finance Officer &; the Programme Manager in implementing all CBM supported projects.
- The Programme Assistant will report to the Programme Manager and work closely with the Project Finance Officer
- Establish and maintain all files with documents related to all CBM supported projects.
- Support the programme managers in planning and handling of donor visits to the projects.
- Facilitate/support the process of custom clearance of any goods procured in the framework of the project.
- Monitor dispensing of drugs, consumables and spectacles to all CBM supported projects.
Assist the Projects Finance Officer with the following:
- Support Finance Officer in preparing payment vouchers and ensure timeous payment.
- Bookkeeping of the project accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all documentation supporting payments (e.g. invoices, receipts) is properly recorded in the financial books, filed in an orderly and logical manner.
- Support the Finance Officer in developing progress reports and financial reports in compliance with CBM requirements
- Facilitate the procurement of all medical equipment and supplies as highlighted in the project plan.
- In the case of local purchase of equipment, medical supplies, etc…, ensure all payments to suppliers are done in accordance with tender procedures.
- Facilitate/support the process of custom clearance of any goods shipped/procured in the framework of this project, whether purchased locally or shipped by donors.
- Ensure appropriate stock levels of medicines, drugs, IOLs and other medical requisites for surgeries that are done at CBM supported district hospitals.
Assist the Project Manager with the following:
- Continuously monitor the programme progress to ensure the programme systems are working to achieve stipulated goals and objectives.
- Assist in preparing progress reports inclusive of activity (narrative) reports and financial reports as required by CBM on a quarterly basis.
Support the programs manager in the implementation of the project:
- Develop stories of significant change and other relevant IEC materials and other documentation for the project.
- Support project planning processes such as quarterly and annual work plans.
- Support the preparation of presentations, reports and other written deliverables as for the project.
- Planning and coordination of events, meetings, and training for the project.
- Assist in reviewing and providing input on statistical reports, narrative reports, financial reports as well as other key CBM reports and documents
- Degree or Diploma in Development Studies or Degree or Diploma in Accounting;
- Diploma in Project Management
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 May 2020