Deadline: 25 June 2020 (5pm)
Duty Station: Gokwe North District
ADRA is implementing various projects through-out the country and seeks to recruit for the above position.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Zimbabwe is a local humanitarian NGO of the Seventh-day Adventist Church working in Zimbabwe for over 40 years. It is part of the network within over 130 countries in the world. ADRA Zimbabwe believes that: through its humanitarian acts, we make known the just, merciful, and loving character of God; Non-discrimination and respect for differences, accepting people as equals, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, political and religious affiliation enrich the communities in which we work and are assets to be respected and affirmed.
Gokwe North Food Security and Agricultural Response 2 (Go-FAR 2)project proposes to address the food insecurity and WASH needs in Gokwe North through Agriculture/Food Security; Economic Recovery and Market Systems; and Water Sanitation & Health activities that are focused on securing a safe water supply for target communities and hygiene promotion/training for affected communities.
The positions assist the Project Coordinator/ Supervisor in providing technical and professional advice in the implementation of Project such as:
- Collects and delivering all project and ADRA goods to areas of operation;
- Collection of quotations and official errands assigned by Project Supervisor;
- Ensure project vehicles have been adequately prepared for official trips (cleaning, fuelling etc) depending on the journey(s);
- Records all vehicle mileage and recommends the vehicles for service;
- Conducts morning and pre driving checks on all vehicles;
- Keep vehicles free from damage, in good condition, and consistently clean;
- Ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist;
- Take vehicle for service to approved service providers when due;
- Operate vehicles and equipment safely and responsibly and comply with speed limits and observe all road regulations.
Competencies and Experience
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- 5 “O” Levels; Clean Class 4 Drivers license.
- Class 2 Licence with basic mechanical experience an added advantage;
- Defensive Drivers Licence;
- 5 years relevant experience;
- Customer Service Orientation;
- Care for order and quality;
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a detailed CV (including Skype address) that includes the names and email addresses of 3 traceable references. Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for, e.g. “PROJECT DRIVERS” in the email Subject line. Applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
ADRA Zimbabwe is a Child friendly organisation, and it will be assumed that all applicants consent to relevant checks to determine suitability working in such environments
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 June 2020 (5pm)