SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in over 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic service empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV is dedicated to a society where all people enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We contribute to this by strengthening the capacity of local organisations. We focus on increasing people’s incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene.
In anticipation of funding, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is recruiting for five (5) positions to fill the roles of Project Field Officers – Village Savings & Lending and Marketing based in Masvingo, Zimbabwe for a duration of six (6) months. The Village Savings and Lending (VSL) & Marketing Project Field Officer will be responsible for providing training to VSL groups within communities, supporting the establishment of subsequent VSL groups and providing ongoing monitoring and support to groups after establishment to ensure they are successful and transparent. The officer will also be responsible for market development by facilitating effective and profitable participation of targeted smallholder farmers and value chain actors integrating them in formal market chains. The Officer will lead on project data collection, collation and analysis, as well as carrying out project deliverables and building good relationships with partners in the field. Primary duties will involve field level operations with frequent visits to project communities in rural areas to meet with project beneficiaries, working closely with community leaders and partners in the field.
- Stakeholder and community orientation and sensitisation;
- Mobilize target community to fully participate in all aspects of the project;
- Provide VSL, FaaB, Marketing and Postharvest handling & storage Training to beneficiaries;
- Ensure VSL groups are setup and actively functioning and working;
- Work closely with cluster facilitators to implement VSL activities and to continue monitoring and supporting the groups;
- Identifies and capacitates VSL groups on Income generating activities;
- Provide business development and financial literacy training to VSL clients;
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of VSL activities in targeted communities;
- Ensure tracking of VSL group performance through MIS system;
- Facilitate market linkages between farmer groups and commodity buyers;
- Develop and coordinate strong relationships with relevant value chain actors (e.g. Traders, input supply companies, processors, producer marketing groups) with guidance from SNV Project Advisor and Project Coordinator;
- Conducts community capacity building, such as training of committees, Cluster facilitators and market facilitators;
- Prepare monitoring and progress reports, which include updates on key activities/achievements using quantitative data as well as qualitative information;
- Build strong relationships with community leaders, local authorities and beneficiaries; Represent SNV at District level meetings.
- Diploma/Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural economics, Marketing or Social sciences;
- Experience in NGO work, and working with private sector is an added advantage;
- Applicants must be able to ride a motorcycle and possess a class 3 or 4 driver’s license;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in initiating and supporting the formation and effective functioning of VSL groups;
- Knowledge and experience in linking farmers to markets;
- Ability to administer adult learning, training, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Computer literacy – including Microsoft word and excel.
Duration of contract: This assignment is expected to begin once the current ban on fieldwork, necessitated by Covid-19 pandemic has been lifted.
How to apply
Please apply by clicking HERE and submitting an Expression of Interest which will include CV and past performance referees in English before 1 July, 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SNV does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment
Related Jobs (33)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract