CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
To provide strategic thought leadership and ensure effective implementation of Hygiene and Behaviour Change Coalition project to improved awareness of COVID-19 risks, transmission and prevention and implementation of infection prevention and control measures as well as positive behaviour among vulnerable communities and at public places in CARE operational areas.The project will be implemented in selected districts across Masvingo, Midlands, Manicaland and Mashonaland West.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides input into programme design and development processes and technical leadership on BCC, WASH and mass communication in CO platforms
- Develops, reviews and updates project implementation plans (including project staff, procurement, financial resources)
- Leads project start up processes and activities including partner meetings and coordination, baseline survey and assessment of public places and development of SBCC strategy
- Leads the process of development of communications such as radio messaging, mobile van messaging, digital messaging
- Provides strategic leadership in setting-up of WASH facilities and provision of hand soap & PPE
- Leads capacity building of community-based government, local authorities extension staff, training of community volunteers and structures
- Provides oversight and technical assistance to project partners and stakeholders per approved work plan
- Reviews and monitors the implementation of the M&E plan and oversees the conduction of surveys such as baseline and endline process
- Sets the learning agenda for the project and oversees the related process throughout the project life cycle
- Ensures participation of External Stakeholders and partners by conducting sensitisation and regular review meetings, organising and hosting field visits, joint monitoring and preparing stakeholder reports and sharing activity plans
- Ensures participation by project staff and partners in stakeholders meetings & community functions
- Provides oversight and technical assistance to project partners as required by the project.
- Identifies, where possible, potential programme design areas from the project and makes appropriate recommendations
- Develops staff on overall project objectives, implementation strategy, reporting systems and internal controls
- Monitors the overall welfare of staff (such as sickness, death of family, workload balance) and takes the appropriate action for immediate assistance
- Receives project budget, in collaboration with Project Accountant prepares quarterly forecasts and implements project activities in line with budget
- Approves project expenditure in line with budget and approval limits in compliance with donor requirements and internal policies
- Inputs into proposal development and delegates appropriately (setting-up of proposal design calls/group)
- Promotes and maintains an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Prepares and implements project close out plan and monitors compliance with internal guidelines and donor contractual guidelines
- Creates an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Degree in public health, management, International Relations, Development Studies or equivalent
- 5-6 years relevant experience in community development/ humanitarian work, with minimum of 3 at a supervisorial / managerial level in a communication capacity
- Programming experience in Behaviour Change Communication, Risk Communication Community Engagement (RCCE) including mass media campaigns through different channels (digital, direct outreach, etc) as well as WASH are highly recommended.
- Experience in managing projects with demonstrated capacity to deliver results and manage partner relationships.
- Experience in remote management and remote monitoring an advantage.
- Sound strategic thinking and good planning skills including program/projects budget tracking in line with contractual obligations
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision while being a strong team lead and player
Deadline: 9 August 2020