Who we are
A local non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political grassroots women’s organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. Currently our focus is on, Emergency Response, Livelihoods, Women’s Rights activities.
Career Opportunities within the organisation
An equal opportunities employer to all individuals seeking possible employment with the organisation. We are looking for suitably qualified, highly competent and motivated individuals to be part of our team on a fixed term duration. Interested employment seekers are invited to apply for the following position in a project.
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Director, the Project Officer is responsible for conducting protection monitoring in the context of internal displacement which will involve collecting, verifying and analysing information in order to identify violations of rights and protection threats and risks encountered communities for the purpose of informing effective responses. The position holder is also responsible to design and implement responses for the social, psychological and emotional development of communities and staff.
Summary of Key Duties
- Establish and lead protection monitoring team for protection monitoring and response in the intervention area;
- Conduct periodic protection monitoring through standard checklists and tools and prepare and submit periodic reports to supervisor;
- Collect, verify and analyse protection monitoring information in order to identify violations of rights and protection threats and risks encountered communities and staff;
- Establish and maintain coordination of governmental liaisons;
- Familiarize with existing referral pathways or where necessary establish referral pathways in the field offices and refer identified cases in need of protection response;
- In accordance with the organisations policies support orientation on complaints and feedback mechanism (accountability to affected populations);
- Assist and guide evidence-based action by relevant provincial and district level actors to ensure the full respect and protection of the rights of program participants;
- Organize trainings on referral pathways and PSEA for officials as well as local staff;
- Maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other local stakeholders through information sharing and coordination;
- Initiate, attend and conduct local level protection cluster meetings; Prepare and submit regular reporting to the Director and other relevant bodies on a periodic basis;
- Monitor and follow up timely and quality implementation of all activities;
- With the support of the , advocate for shelter, PSEA and GBV issues in the field office and through coordination mechanisms;
- Demonstrate ethical and professional practice including respect of participant confidentiality and point of view, Safeguarding Policies (Child Protection, PSEA, Code of conduct and other policies).
The ideal person should possess the following
- BA degree in Psychology, Counselling, sociology or social work
- At least 3 years of experience in the same/similar role in another organization;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in protection monitoring and responses for communities;
- Experience in working with women, children, specific needs groups and case management programs;
- Expertise in Psychosocial support, child protection &
- GBV protection principles desirable;
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently, if necessary and/or required;
- Integrity, professionalism and expertise in processing reports and questionnaires;
- Ability to understand the cultural context of the community, local language, and use that culture as an input for community mobilization;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels;
- Good computer skills,
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
NB: Only FEMALE candidates are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 24 April 2020