Christian Blind Mission (CBM) is an International Christian Development organization committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world and is committed to keeping Children and Adults safe. The organization seeks to recruit a suitably qualified Project Officer to lead and support disability inclusion work in an OVC Project.
The tasks and responsibilities
- Support implementation of OVC and disability inclusion project;
- Coordinate and facilitate training for consortium partners in disability inclusion;
- Active engagement with Organisations of Persons with Disabilities in supporting implementation of the OVC project;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from stakeholders and submit detailed reports;
- Assist in tracking project performance, monitor and follow up on project activities;
- Track project indicators and outcome of activities to ensure project achieves set targets;
- Identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of the OVC project;
- Process monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with donor requirements.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- At least three years of HIV prevention, Child protection and Community work;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline;
- Project management experience in Donor Funded Projects;
- Demonstrated experience in project management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable;
- Experience in working with OPDs, Communities and Children with disabilities is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent knowledge disability issues, policies, principles and standards and major global actors;
- Experience in HIV prevention, Child protection and community development;
- Experience in CBID programming an advantage;
- Strong knowledge on safeguarding of children and adults-at-risk;
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to communicate clearly and respectfully.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to the Country Director, email@example.com
The cover letter should include: earliest date of availability and expected gross salary.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
Deadline: 25 September 2020