Duration: Maternity Cover Period (4 months)
Location: Masvingo, Zaka District
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- The Project Officer (PO) is the front-line operative in project implementation at the community level.
- The PO translates project plans into activities whose outcomes would be measured or evaluated while maintaining accurate and up to date project records.
- S/he will participate in defining implementation strategies, supervise community facilitators, and coordinate the implementation of project activities by working with communities to meet the objectives of the project.
- S/he will be involved in technical training and mentoring of beneficiary families and partners and ensuring compliance with the procedures of Heifer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration, or a related discipline relevant to community development
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a relevant institution, e., a public institution, private sector or local or international NGO,
- With proven skills in the management and coordination of community, livestock and food security interventions;
- A clean Class 3/4 Drivers’ License is a MUST;
- Ability to ride and willingness to use a motorbike is a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Agriculture or Animal management and health, or a postgraduate qualification in a training field;
- A minimum of three (3) years working with community-based groups and peer farmers;
- Sound knowledge of supervisory project implementation including participatory training approaches;
- Strong experience in group development, savings mobilization, and social capital development;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and application of training manuals and training modules;
- Knowledge and experience in delivery and monitoring the impact of training.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 February 2020 (12pm)