Zimbabwe Council for the Blind (ZCfB) has been a leading provider of eye services in Zimbabwe since 1955. Throughout this period, we have strove to compliment the Government of Zimbabwe, through its different ministries, efforts to prevent blindness, restore sight to thousands of Zimbabweans and improve the quality of life for many whose sight cannot be restored.
Summary of main duties / key tasks of the post
- Monitor financial reports against project activities of project according to the requirements of donors.
- Maintain communication with project partners and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Establish and maintain administrative and financial systems within the coordination unit in compliance with the Councils operating procedures
- Support Programme Manager in procurement processes in compliance with the Councils operating standards
- Facilitate/support the process of custom clearance of any goods procured in the framework of the project
- Support the Programme Manager in preparing payment vouchers and ensure timeous payment.
- Bookkeeping of the project accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure all documentation supporting payments (e.g. invoices, receipts) is properly recorded in the financial books, filed in an orderly and logical manner
- Review bank reconciliations on project finances on a monthly basis
- Ensure timely and regular production of the project financial statements
- Support budget development processes
- Ensure coordination unit complies with budget processes and finance and administration requirements as set out in the standard operating procedures
- Support the Programme Manager in developing progress reports and financial reports in compliance with the donor requirements
- Support partners in finance administration and accounting where support is required.
- Prepare for and support annual audit
- Interpret annual audit reports projects and provide feedback to Programme Manager
- Conduct any other duties as assigned by the Director
- Facilitate the procurement of all medical equipment and supplies as highlighted in the project plan.
- In the case of local purchase of equipment, medical supplies, etc ensure all payments to suppliers are done in accordance with tender procedures.
- Facilitate/support the process of custom clearance of any goods shipped/procured in the framework of this project, whether purchased locally or shipped by donors.
- Prepare timely progress reports inclusive of activity report and financial report in strict compliance with the set donors’ requirements.
- Prepare annual financial reports as required by the donors.
- Report to both programme manager and CBM country representative.
- Must have a university degree in Finance or Accounting
- Must have a professional qualification in accounting, CA, ACCA or CIMA,
- Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Must have completed articles with an accounting firm.
Experience and Technical Competence
- Must have a proven knowledge of working with NGOs
- Proven experience in establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, and team building skills
- Must have skills in working with people of all ages and social groups.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and function in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate problems, provide analysis and recommendation for solutions.
- Demonstrated persuasion skills and authoritativeness in managing people.
- Candidate should have minimum of five years’ experience in financial accounting
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 May 2020