HARARE AND BULAWAYO (OFFICE OF THE RESIDENT MINISTER)
RESPONSIBLE TO: SECRETARY FOR HEALTH AND CHILD CARE
DEADLINE: 24 April 2020
Under administrative direction of the Secretary for Health and Child Care, provides health service oversight and establish health care policies and programs for the province. Acts in liaison with the local medical community in the province. The PMD is the Accounting Officer for health and health related programs, investments and funds in the Province.
- Informs and advises the Resident Minister and the Provincial Development Council on all matters related to health within the province.
- Prepare provincial strategic plans in conformity with the national health policies and strategies.
- Coordinates the planning and management of health delivery system in the province.
- Implements and reviews the provincial health strategic plan.
- Interfaces with and acts as liaison to the private and non-profit health care sectors and other ministries.
- Directs the allocation and prioritisation of provincial health resources (human, financial and material) and coordinates the functions of all departments under his control to meet health specific delivery commitments in line with the National Health Strategy.
- Participates in national health policy development
- Plans the provision of quality and coverage of medical services in the province ensuring equitable coverage.
- Responsible for the review of the health organisational structure within the province.
- Oversees health related services/program delivery in the Metropolitan Province.
- Coordinates all health related research activities in the province.
- Routinely monitors and evaluates the provision of health service and health status of the population in the province.
- Monitors closely disease trends in the province, responds to disease outbreaks and establishes programmes aimed at maintaining the health and well-being of the population in the province in line with the Primary Health Care approach
- MBChB Degree or its equivalent
- MPH or equivalent
- Specialist registration with MDPCZ
- At least two years’ experience in the grade of PEDCO/PMCHO or three years as a DMO.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by Cover letter, detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 24 April 2020 to:
The Executive Director,
Health Service Board,
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104 Avondale,
Related Jobs (6)
Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Manager on November 16, 2020 Contract
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time