Reports to: Work under the guidance of PEDCO
The AIDS and TB Program (ATP) within the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) coordinate the National effort towards the prevention, care and treatment of HIV AIDS which remain a major public health problem in Zimbabwe. The ATP wishes to recruit for this role to contribute to the successful implementation of the Global Fund implementation plans.
- Development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks for the province;
- Implement, and manage an M&E system that will generate timely information and feedback to stakeholders;
- Liaise and collaborate with staff of different departments at provincial level as well as with other partners of Ministry of Health and Child Care to harmonize M&E strategies and optimize health information systems;
- Provide information to key decision makers to communicate and facilitate efficient decision-making.
- Compile, analyze and present data for reporting of program progress and impact, and quality assurance;
- Capture lessons learned and best practices, documentation and dissemination of information, assisting developing presentations, abstracts, articles, etc;
- Plan for and conduct monitoring activities and ensure accurate and timely reporting to line managers and national level;
- Develop monitoring and evaluation capacity at provincial, district levels and facility level;
- Design and implement studies when necessary;
- Support and supervise the operationalization of M&E plans, assuring data quality through appropriate and feasible data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
- HND in Statistics/ Health Sciences or a Degree in Social Sciences /Statistics or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably health programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation approaches including health information and data management systems, and quality assurance;
- Good working knowledge of descriptive, inferential and advanced statistics.
Competencies and skills required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Strong skills in MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS);
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to:
The Secretary for Health,
Ministry of Health and Child Care,
P O Box CY 1122,
Fourth Street / Central Avenue,
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 December 2020