Location: Matabeleland South
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
- Reporting to the Technical Director, the Provincial Program Manager (PPM) is responsible for leading the OPHID provincial and district teams in implementing all aspects of the OPHID HIV (including cervical cancer screening and treatment), TB, and TB/HIV programs.
- The PPM is accountable for all provincial deliverables, outputs, targets and must assure the quality and fidelity of implementation of all program activities at provincial and district levels (facility and community).
- S/he is responsible for organisational representation to MOHCC at provincial level to the PMD and other stakeholders, and to leverage on networks with DHEs to facilitate the work of all district teams.
- The PPM oversees programs planning, implementation, resource management, strategic information and evaluation, stakeholder, and partner relationship management as well as timely and quality reporting.
- Support the Technical Director in strategic program development for the province and districts;
- Coordinate, build and maintain relationships with Provincial Health Executive (MoHCC) and other stakeholders for efficient HIV, TB, and TB/HIV program implementation;
- Manage OPHID provincial and district program resources to ensure efficient and effective resources in line with OPHID policies, USAID rules and regulations, and other applicable donor rules;
- Support, supervise and performance manage the OPHID district teams in rolling out the minimum package of HIV, TB, and TB/HIV services, and ensure that activities are implemented with fidelity at district, facility, and community levels;
- Support the DSIEO in the implementation of all SIE activities within the districts.
- A degree in medicine (MBChB degree or equivalent);
- Postgraduate qualifications in public health, management, or related field;
- Additional qualification in monitoring and evaluation, data management and analysis will be an added advantage;
- At least 2 years’ experience working within the MoHCC structures at district or provincial levels (DMO or PMNCHO);
- At least 3 years’ Experience within USAID/PEPFAR funded programs, and minimum one-year team management experience in such programs;
- Experience in HIV management and HIV Care and Treatment programs and in-depth knowledge of national ART guidelines;
- Experience in strategic data management, analysis and use.
- Step 1: Click here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
Deadline: 14 September 2020