Host Entity: WHO
Duty Station: Harare (ZWE)
Language Skills: English, French
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 27 December 2020
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- At least, University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Health Research and/or other health-related fields
- Master’s Degree is a strong added advantage
- At least one year’s experience working within the health sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of health sector activities in developing countries and/or in the context of Universal Health Coverage, Health Systems strengthening
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in research, Sector Monitoring and Universal Health Coverage volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Competencies and values:
- Excellent skills in the assessment, surveillance and monitoring in the context of emergency situations, with the ability to conceptualize and implement innovative strategies and promote their implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Tact, discretion and ability to promote consensus.
- Experienced team-player.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 27/12/2020