Apostolic Women Empowerment Trust is a Non-Governmental registered organization that empowers women and adolescents’ girls in the Apostolic churches to participate in social and economic development processes that affect them as well as advance their rights and those of others.
Public Health Officer will oversee and support monitoring and evaluation all health and livelihoods activities across all projects putting emphasis of COVID19. Part of the remit will include developing tools for data collection and analysis, donor reporting, maintenance of project databases, reporting and archiving system ensuring high quality and timely inputs.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of AWET;
- Planning of activities to ensure that the objectives of the programme are achieved in accordance with donor’s requirements;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of projects including systems which collect activity, output and outcome level data;
- Support Programme Officers in ensuring activities are not in conflict with public health standards and guidelines, and the organisation is always up to date and effectively implementing;
- Facilitate review of progress and learning on a quarterly basis and ensure problem solving through remedial action;
- Inform best practice and produce reports and other documentation for different audiences in projects;
- Develop a system to support learning within organisation by sharing findings to develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization;
- Ensure that minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and AWET Code of Conduct;
- Implement accountability mechanisms at field level, eg complaints and feedback response mechanisms – assessment, design, implementation and review.
- Implement activities to raise awareness of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Accountability to Affected People (AAP);
- Facilitate capacity building for AWET staff on skills and knowledge related to public Health M&E and accountability and learning.
- Diploma in Public Health, Epidemiology, Public Policy, and strong competences in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage;
- Relevant University degree, in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation or any relevant field is an added advantage;
- Computer literate, especially working knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet applications) and ability to learn other data analysis and presentation software packages;
- At least one year, NGO/Public Health department experience;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Highly adaptable and a fast learner;
- Drivers’ Licence possession would be an added advantage.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals with strong inclination towards fair treatment of women and adolescents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 May 2020
Related Jobs (9)
Technical Officer, Cervical Cancer Services – Re – advert on September 15, 2020 Full Time
Senior Health Advisor on September 11, 2020